Dynamo and add-ins

what is the difference between dynamo based script and add-ins , which is faster , better , what is the limitation of them

If your company is willing to pay for add-ins then in specific cases they will be quicker and more robust. Because more time has been spent fine tuning the algorithm.

But dynamo gives you opportunity to do things which no add-in creator has thought it is worthwhile to develop an add-in to do.

I generally use dynamo to speed up repetitive tasks that there are not add-ins for. Also my company doesn’t pay for add-in because Revit is already too expensive.

Though I rarely use it this way, Dynamo is good for geometry creation and parametric modelling and so is a unique design stage tool.

1 Like

“If your company is willing to pay for add-ins then in specific cases they will be quicker and more robust” what are that cases can you give me an example when it is better to use add-in

For problems that are industry wide then there will most likely be add-ins to cover these workflows. But as I said I don’t use other add-ins just Dynamo.

I know here in the UK there is an NBS add-in that helps with specification writing that is supposed to be good.

thank you , good to know