Door Tags: Get Mark Value from Linked Model

hello,

Set up: Working within an MEP model with Arch file linked in. We tag the security doors to indicate the doors that get access control.

Desire for Dynamo: Create a list of the door numbers we tag only. I have managed to pull parameter information form tags that link to local MEP model but I cannot seem to pull information from tags that link to Arch Linked model (i.e. door tags).

Can someone show me how to create a list of door mark values (coming from the Arch linked model) from door tags placed within the MEP local model.

Best regards

You can do it via python pretty easily. Here’s a file that will just get all the door tags in the model and then output the door mark associated with them, whether it’s from a local door or one in a linked model. You could adapt that to pull whatever other information you want by changing the parameter that it’s reading from.

DoorTag_LinkedFileDoorMark.dyn (2.6 KB)

1 Like

Awesome, that worked. I have been pulling my hair out working on this. Thanks so much Timothy.

Hello Shane,

I’m currently working on something similar and I was curious if you could post the final solution for your door tagging script, thanks!

Hi @Timothy_Logan1,

Thanks for Python Node, it works great for getting a list of all the tags in the model. However how do I pull out the door number?

In my case the door tags are in my model and they pull the “MARK” value from the doors (in a linked model) and use that “Mark” value for a label.

I am trying to schedule all the door tags in my model. - to include the Label text.

Thanks,