Door belongs to room with names in a priority list

Hello.

I am stuck at getting Dynamo to write room names to doors according to a priority list.

If a door has either to/from room name to a bathroom this should be writen to Mark
Then if a door has either to/from room name to a Kitchen, this should be written to _Mark, and so on…

like a priority list that could be made in Excel : 1. Bathroom, 2.Kitchen, 3.Sleeping room…4,5…

If to/from=1 then write 1 else write 2,else write 3-or something

Later I would build on this to get the room id of this toom so i could extract more information fromit to the door

Also i have trouble to make a string of to/from room names when the door is not in a room on one ofe the sides. Because then the string would be blank and not listed

Any Ideas?

Hope the example below helps convey the idea to an alternate approach…

3 Likes

Thank you.
But how would you suggest making pairs of the to/from rooms when either the to or from is empty(not listed)?

Should work even with empty strings in the list…

However, if I correctly understand the intent, I don’t think you should Transpose after SetIntersection in your last post.

i just wonder about the to/from node i am using:

I read somewhere in the forum about making a node in python:

“Keep in mind that for some doors that swing into spaces that do not have rooms assigned (exterior) will return a None value. If you want to use these values in some sort of a filter fashion then you might have to skip over None types since it wont be able to use them as an argument.”

And i dont get a value,even blank,for those siuations. which means that I cant merge the lists correctly because it dosent exist in the list

I am trying to sort out the null values(doors that dont have to or from troom) before I feed them into “get parameter by name”
But then I have to rejoin the list and keep it in the same order as when coming from the python node.
How is this possible?