Does not cut? Revit does not tell why?

Hello dynos,

So i try to finde a reason, why does it not cut this kind of openings…

issue is any script stops at this openings, when the placed at the edge of a wall.

Why is this so? and is there a workaround ?
it cuts when i move it 1cm away! but thats unexeptable…

Does it cut in the UI?
If not this is going to require a model to review.
If it does this is going to require some code to review.

The community can’t help if all we know is that you have a problem.

1 Like

@jacob.small
no, it does not… “Review” in which context?

i tried also making the opening thicker, but it also does not work.
or aligning, it does also not work.

Depending on the the element types, sometimes revit will not automatically cut them together. I have had this with generic void family when placed does not automatically cut its host or intersecting elements unless the cut tool is used.

Therefore you might need to add some additional logic for cutting one element against another.

1 Like

Review in the context of: there are a LOT of reasons thing A can’t be cut by thing B, and without the model (really just a model with thing A and thing B in it and nothing else) we can’t really help much beyond speculating as to which of the many reasons it is. Non-aligned types are a good starting point as @Brendan_Cassidy pointed out. Geometry alignments are another.

This is a case of “if the UI prevents it Dynamo won’t let it happen either” though, so you may want to check a Revit forum as well.

1 Like

@Brendan_Cassidy @jacob.small ,

i found it. so i have a sloped wall and the opening is touching slidly the surface.
So when i make the opening bigger it works! but it still remains difficult to detect such openings.

Thanks

KR

Andreas

1 Like