Dividing

Hey, I m comparing the material cost of one vendor with other in the form of ratios. i divide the cost of A vendor with B, C and D separately. Then i will do this for B divided by C and D, and then C divided by D only. The thing is this list changes from excel and sometimes the number of vendors can go on for 9 and 10 vendors. Then this script wont give me the desired results. Can i do this procedure using python so that it can iterate for as many vendors as i want?

Hi, I think you can also use cross product lacing for this.

The list will divide between each value.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Yes, that works very fine, thanks
but the thing is i want only the values after 1 in each of the sub list. Now it again gives me a limited number of lists when i have more number of vendors than 4

hey @Daan_A , i think i got the solution using this script, just tell me how to get individual items in the end separately, keeping in mind that the number of lists can change

Hi!

The items are already separated by lists. As far as i know getting an individual list is only possible by using item at index. in the lower part of the image i provided the solution for that.

Now i dont know exactly what your end goal is, but i predict you might want to put the data in a csv/excel? in the upper right part i provided a solution for exporting to csv.

Now here is the data you get when you open that csv in excel:

Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to ask them.

1 Like

wow, you got the idea very well, this is exactly what i wanted in the end :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You are very intelligent, hoping to have great collaboration, well to the community :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile: Good luck in your dynamo adventures!

1 Like