Distribute Revit/Dynamo with The (Iron)Python Standard Library?

I’ve been made aware that Revit/Dynamo autonomously installs IronPython 2.7 to C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7. Meaning that it (in a way) does distribute with the IronPython Standard Library. While that does negate my issue regarding having the end-user of a script implementing the Standard Library install IronPython, is does raise two new ones (the first being rather serious and somewhat unacceptable IMO):

1. Referring to the potential compatibility issues mentioned above, allowing Revit/Dynamo to install system-wide software that may break the IronPython interpreter of other applications, is highly problematic and should be revised (I’d suggest looking to McNeels distribution model here).

2. Seeing as how Revit/Dynamo does distribute with the Standard Library, its IronPython scripting environments really should have a path to this library hardcoded, as this is how most (if not all) other standard Python distributions are set up (including the IronPython distribution itself that Revit/Dynamo installs!).

Anywho, don’t mean to bust in here and make a big fuss, but these concerns do strike me as being counter to (certainly my) incentive to integrate IronPython within Revit/Dynamo pipelines.

On a side note: Would it be advisable to raise these concerns straight on the Dynamo GitHub instead?

Edit: Started an Issue here.

Best,

Anders