Dimension By Elements Warnings

Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of ByElements that takes arguments of type (Function,__array,Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Line,string,string)

When I attempt to run the script.

Solved

Need to see more of the script to know the exact error but I’d check your view input.

According to your attached graph, you are missing a document input on your Document.ActiveView node. That could translate down into your Dimension.ByElements error.

1 Like

That fixed it, thank you

Could you explain what was wrong and the fix(and mark it as solution).

This is so if someone else has the issue they can use search tool to find this solution in the future.

1 Like

What was your solution, could you please share with the rest of us?

Thanks

@JD112211 Nicholas at first you asked the query without posting the relevant images/files. When you got the solution you edited your own post with solved. When other people ask you to explain how you solved your not replying them. This kind of behavior is destructive to our community. Everyone shares here so we all become wiser. Hope that make Sense!

4 Likes

I can only echo @Kulkul comments. Please be respectful of the community, and don’t rob others of the benefit of this post’s solution.

3 Likes