Dereferencing a non-pointer

New to Dynamo. Was given a script to create. The end goal is to dimension grid lines. I have quit a few error messages stating the same error. “Dereferencing a non-pointer”. What does that mean and how can I fix it. Looked at other blogs and forums and still cannot find an answer. I am trying to upload the script but since I am a new user, I cannot. Any help will be appreciated.

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager

Is it possible to post your dynamo script in a screenshot?
Thanks,

Left side is what was given to me. Right side is what I created.

Kory

It looks like, you’ll need to select a line that intersects the grids which will determine your placement of the dimension string. That should clean up some of the nodes and potentially get the workflow to work.

Thank you. That did it.

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

One more question. I run my script in Dynamo Player and I get a Run Complete message but nothing happens. What is causing this?

Kory

Hard to say as the graph you posted is illegible.

Clean up your graph, making the data flow Linear, adding notes and grouping sections of nodes which are performing a common task so we understand what your logic is at each ‘section.’ Then zoom in so you can read a note clearly and cleanly (whole graph won’t be visible but that’s ok), and finally use the ‘export canvas as image’ function (camera icon in the top right corner of the workspace).