Delete Imported Instances

Hi, I’m looking for a method where I can select and delete all Revit elements that are Imported Instances as shown below…

I believe there is an Elements.Delete node in the Archi-lab package. Just filter by name or type or however you want and plug into the delete node.

It may also make more sense to use the Categories node and select only the Imported Instances items. Then you can run those directly through a Delete node.

I was just looking to see if that was possible, but I don’t think import instance is an available category.

catImport

Agreed, I can’t find anything

Try this:

and then plug into the Archi-lab’s Elements.Delete node

1 Like

In this case I have temporary elements (that I want to delete) which are treated as Imported Symbols (Categories) not Imported Families…

Yeah, sorry that picture was just to show that ImportInstance isn’t a category you can select using the Categories node. Has nothing to do with the import in families.

Thanks, that’s what I was looking for, wasn’t sure how to use List.FilterByBoolMask…

1 Like

No problem. If you don’t mind, can you mark the post that solved your problem as the solution, as it will help people who run into the same problem later.

This should work better for you. It is an element type, not a category.

Capture

4 Likes

Yes ever better, thanks!

1 Like

thanks for this

Rather than that post, you should mark @SeanP’s post below it as the solution.

Newbie lol…

@kennyb6 @SeanP

Hi Kenny and Sean, it is working to delete the imported cad in the Revit.

However, I’m going to ask if there is a way to delete every imported symbol in the.rvt families, many thanks

Can you explain a little more about what you are trying to do or show what you’ve tried so far?