Defining Project Variables

Mogiel,

Haha, just remembered I had this same problem a while back. The examples above in this conversation outline how to declare constants– ie values that never change throughout a script unless changed within the function definition.

The answer to your question is: You need to define the value as an input variable between the parentheses.

What you attempted is the same wish I had when I first tried: “Can I plug a wire into a codeblock and have it DRIVE a value within the original definition of a function?-- populating all instances of that function call with that value.” Would be useful, and am not sure why we can’t do this at present. Closest I could come was the third example in the image above – reference a defined constant from within another function definition. May be getting a bit convoluted at this point, but it’s all I could come up with.

I’ve been doing a little reading on C#, and this may be similar to the difference between public and private values within a class, but I can’t be sure.

original post: