Defining a detailelement line type by selecting the walls to be demolished

Hello everyone, I need assistance with a specific task. I’ve identified the walls to be demolished in a Revit project using phase filters. What I need to do is use Dynamo to automatically select the “demolished” line style assigned to these walls and draw a Detail Element on them using a pre-existing line style that I have.

In short, for large-scale projects, going through each demolished wall to apply this Detail Element manually would be time-consuming. Can I achieve this quickly using Dynamo?

The first image shows the pre-existing Detail Element I have.

The second image shows the line style I’ve defined in the phase filter and the walls to be demolished in this filter.

The third image represents the desired end result I want to achieve.

And this is the script I use to select one line style and convert it to another line style.

Thanks in advance!

This seems somewhat problematic as your work scales. How would you do this in instances where the line was an arc? Or a spline? Or what if the lines are near to each other with an offset resulting in an illegible mess of X symbols atop each other?

Best bet is to just utilize a light dashed line type for the override IMO as X lines and everything else used in the decades past actually make things harder to read.

Because of this, I am attempting to make my selections by choosing objects under the selected phase filter instead of drawing lines. Once I succeed with this approach, I believe I can solve the other problems by experimenting with parameters. I am aware that it may not be the ideal method, but it is what is expected of me in the project.

So you have only linear elements?

For the moment, yes.

The ‘for the moment’ aspect is why I’m trying to express you think this over a bit more; as soon as you don’t have a linear element this will fail, and you’re back to the drawing board. If you’d never ever ever have a curve then sure, this could work. But if you’re in a situation where someone is forcing the square peg into the round hole at the expense of readability and performance (AEC wonders why projects run over budget), then you’re going to be in an equally bad spot after starting this and finding you can’t do what you wanted.

Best path is going to be utilizing the DetailComponent.ByCurve node in Clockwork package.

edit: posted files to the wrong thread - sorry!

I understand the situation, and I’ve also explained it to my supervisors, but this is the required task, and the expected outcome. So, there isn’t much else I can do except to try. Thank you for your concern, I will try the node you recommended.

By the way, I would greatly appreciate any other suggestions or help if anyone else has them.

Hello, I’m also trying to create detail components by CAD lines into floor plans in revit. (CAD file is imported in the view.) I just can’t find what nodes are needed. I found a node called ‘DetailComponet.ByCurve’ from Clockwork package, but still don’t know how to start with it. Could you suggest any ideas?