Custom interference check between pipes and beams - trouble organizing lists

hello there. I am currently building a custom interference check between pipes and beams, using bimorph nodes. I know this is not an ideal way to get interference data, this is just exeperimental.

What I want to do is insert a family on the point of intersection between the elements, so I thought I could get the midpoint of the line segment result of the intersection node between curve/solid.

The problem is, this node only works with one solid and multiple curves at a time. I currently have two separated lists, and it seems simple but I can’t solve it. I need to built a list with two lists inside, one with the solid and one with the curves. Just so I can get all the segments right.

Can someone please help me?

Hello @luana_cs not sure is it something here you are after ?

Skip the curve solid intersection. Instead take the start point of each leg curve, and find a point into each associated solid with a Geometry.ClosestPointTo node. Rack of those points is one side of the intersection location. Do the same from the end point and find the midpoint between the two if you want the approximate center, though I am guessing one side should suffice.

2 Likes

Yeah good idea…personly i would just take all the solids and intersect them with ootb intersect it give a solid and then a solid centroid for clashpoint… if they are on tangent then it gives a surface…but great idea :wink: but i just like naviswork for this kind

1 Like

I would use the built in interference checker. Or ACC’s model coordination module.

But I like just not modeling clashes in the first place. :laughing:

2 Likes

hehehe me 2…good point :wink: happy new year

1 Like

hello, it is pretty much what I was trying to do. Thank you very much. The thing with the lists was very silly, I just needed to match the levels on both lists.
I usually would use the Navisworks report and just get the clash point for this, but my goal was to build an interference check with a better visualization than the one in Revit, so it worked.

1 Like