Curve.Offset not working when points get too small

Hi,

Below is an offset work done with shapely.
Animation

Shapely is a python geometry package and it is produced for 2D geometries and it is very easy to use.
Here is a guide on how to use it in dynamo. A new version will be available in the coming days.

4 Likes

@Vladimir, I’ve tried it with the polycurve.closewithline though it does fix one of the rooms, it won’t seem to do it for the others. I’ve marked the area’s where it goes well and where it still goes wrong along with the error.

@Durmus_Cesur, I will give your package a try, I will come back with the results somewhere today. Thanks!

@Durmus_Cesur, I’ve given the package a try and it is doing something, though something is still amiss and I feel like I’ve overlooked the problem so I might have to delve deeper into the problem.

It currently looks like this:

Next to having the wrong shape it also puts those lines at Z-index 0, which I can solve with some other nodes so it isn’t much of an issue but the shape itself needs resolving.

The last part of the script currently looks like this:

If you might have any clue on what’s causing this I would love to hear about it.

I’m not sure what caused it but the room boundaries indeed seemed to have more missing gaps than I had anticipated, after fixing those the offset will work just fine.