Creating centroid points inside rectangles in dynamo

Hey, I was looking a generating centroid points inside rectangles formed by curves.
The curves are generated using a geometry. Intersect node between few elements an a section plane forming a section profile.

Preferably if those points could be generate to the center of each rectangle and be related to the room that’s in the section.

I have put blue marks where I am looking at generating the points

Thanks in advance.

Hello, the Genius Loci package has this custom node [Element Inner Centroid] (see limitations) which should interest you
cordially
christian.stan

with OOTB

1 Like

Surface.ByPatch > Surface.PointAtParameter with U and V parameters of 0.5.

2 Likes

@christian.stan It seems generate only null values for every element. I was not sure which element to fee in, however, I tried all sequence but no luck.

Thanks,
Tejas

1 Like

Hey @EzDoesIt
Thanks for the the reply, No offense but can you please tell me what to feed the element. geometry node and family instance.bypoint Node.

I am a beginner and its a little difficult to imagine what exactly to connect where.

KR
Tejas

@jacob.small
Thank for the reply, Surface.bypatch require closed curves. Else its generating null points.

Please let me know if i am doing anything wrong here. /

Thanks,
Tejas

I assumed you had intersected the room’s solid with the plane. That’s likely the fastest path forward, but if you aren’t sending rooms, we’d need another route.

Can you post an image of your overall graph with the previews expanded and at a zoom where the data and node names are clearly legible? Use the export canvas as image feature (edit menu).

1 Like

Hi,

otherwise surface then extrusion (equal thickness on both sides) and centroid

cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

I get the face of the walls make this a surface join all surfaces to 1 and then use the centroid.
What i feed to FamilyInstance.ByPoint is a 2d Detail Item Family what i made.

If you use this you gonna figure out which walls belong to your “Joined Surfaces”.