Creating a segmented strip line (with a Revit Family) on a wavy shaped from a Revit Link

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do something very complex to what I have been doing so far with Dynamo I would really appreciate any help.

I need to do the following: I have a existing 3d geometry as in the photo below. I have to attach a led strip with a module of 300mm butted up to the next one.

For now I am able to, in dynamo, select the edge of the existing geometry and in Revit I have created the adaptive family with the 300 module

I have also manage to apply this adaptive family into another adaptive family with a spline.

But I am stuck now I do not really know if the foundations of my thinking are right and I do not know how to put all this thing together

If someone could please throw some light or at least tell how she/he would do it it would be awesome!

Cheers!
J

Hello,

Welcome to the community! I hope you can find a solution for your problem!

Here is my suggestion:

Firstly, you need to create points on the edge of solid geometry calculating the distance between each point ( check Curve.PointAtParameter). The distance between each point depends on your adaptive family for led strips. Afterwards, you can try to use AdaptiveComponents.ByPoints node. It helps you place your adaptive family according to the point list.

Let me know if you need further help!

Curve.PointAtSegmentLength might be better here. Lengths would be defined by a range from zero to the total length, stepping by the length of the fixture. Something like 0..crv.Length..fixtureLength;.

1 Like