Create filter parameter in Revit with Dynamo

Hello everyone!

I am trying to create a filter in Revit using Dynamo, but there seems to be a problem. Here is my script so far:

The script works, but not for both rules:

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

…Maybe the ruletype fits not to the kind of value, What is the error-message in the note?

You’re creating the rule with the matching parameter for every element of those categories, essentially creating thousands of rules for a single filter (which can only take 3). Use just one parameter for the rule and you should be good.

Yes, if I use only one parameter it works. My problem is that I want to create a rule that applies to “less than or equal to” and “greater than or equal to” at the same time, like this:

Then you need to create the individual rules, combine them into a list, and input that list into your ParameterFilterElement node.

I tried but unfortunately it doesn`t work:

Can you include node previews and the error you’re getting? We can’t really troubleshoot your issue if we don’t have all the information.

Well apparently it’s due to a spelling mistake. :joy:
You’ll have to type it in for GreaterOrEqual.

3 Likes

@Nick_Boyts nice catch. I opened an issue with the Dynamo team here: https://github.com/DynamoDS/DynamoRevit/issues/2394

Ps. It’s been a long while since anyone made any changes to that repository, so I am not sure when/if it will be addressed. Don’t hold your breath.

3 Likes