Create curve by selection of two edges

I want to create a curve by the selection of two edges. Fairly simple but not sure how. Any ideas?

@technitutors ,

one of my badest ideas

well give me one of your better ones. Just select two faces and create a curve. Which node do I use

@technitutors ,

Almost there.

I typically just want to get the distance between the two edges. Selecting lines works but you have to draw a line which is extra effort

1 Like

Hello,
if you have 2 curves:
you have 2 points for the 1st curve
you have 2 points for the 2nd curve
so you have 2 lists of 2 points and a list of 3 points after a prune.duplicate
of the 2lists then list difference to eliminate the central point
you have your distance between extreme point

another solution: a pivot point and calculation of angles oriented then arranged
Cordially
christian.stan

@technitutors ,

hmmm…

KR
Andreas

Almost almost. The perpendicular line between these two edges. The issue is I can get a line by points but selecting two edges may give a random line result. It needs to be normal to the two edges. I have an idea but I am seeing if theres an easier way

Hello @technitutors …not sure but how about something…

hello, you want to know if these 2 lines are actually parallel, you can check that the line support vector components are all equal in absolute value.
Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Yes Christian i assume they are parrallel…if not only one will be perpendicular

Hi, I’m a bit lost actually with the main topic title, a check to verify parallelism, then a point to project with direction (and reverse direction) of a 90 rotation of one of the 2 lines from a point belonging to the line
Cordially
christian.stan

No Its just to get the perpendicular line between two edges. The two edges will always be parallel. But What I am trying to prevent is getting a random line which is not perpendicular to two edges. If you have two parallel edges running and you get their point properties, that wont necessarily give the perpendicular line running between them.

Ill try sovitek and see what comes off it

1 Like

saying points are likely coincident. It sounds so simple but its a tough problem

Yes…try as here…try swap your input in geometryclosest point node

2 Likes

brilliant

1 Like