Create Calculated Parameters

Hello!

I want to see if it’s possible to create a calculated parameter in a schedule from within Dynamo.
I know that I can create a Project Parameter and make the calculations within Dynamo and then set the parameter to the results of those calculations.

The issue is that the values for the calculations will be changing by the users and I don’t want to have to run the dynamo graph every time we change those values (hence the calculated parameter which would change as the original values change). We have to add this to multiple schedules for all our projects so it would be great to be able to automate it rather than have them add it every time.

Is there a way to do it? Can’t find a package with a node or anything online + I don’t have experience with Python or the API to see if that’s even possible.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

Hmm… I don’t know everything about the API, so others will know better than me… But the only likely API methods I can see are for SetFormula… Which seems to only be for Families and Global Parameters…

If that could work for you… Here’s an example for setting Global Parameters: Set a formula to a Global parameter

There are other examples for families if you search the forum…

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Mark