Create Boundary around the points

just like Autocad, which nodes can create a boundary around the selected points or the list of points.
sample.dwg (76.8 KB)
Im looking for the results as shown with red line boundaries.

You are going to need to share more information about what we are looking at here.

Is the drawing shown above a;

• imported autocad drawing?
  • linked autocad drawing?
  • revit detail drawing?
  • revit floor plan with linked architecture?
  • revit floor plan with native architecture?

What are you trying to achieve?
-Detail lines overlapped on a floor plan around on the boarder shown?
-Color override on the rooms?
-groupings of lines indicating rooms?
-creation of rooms or spaces based on the locations and boundaries found in the given example… whatever that is.

… the list could go on and so could the solutions.

Please help us help you.

Im not really sure what you exackly want…but guess bimorph would could help ypu here…but keep in mind when we work with cad in revit many things can go wrong…

Revit_FAV2VI98mS

Your task is quite complex. Look into:

Remember to limit MaxVertices in WireCycles node!
I see max 5 in your picture ( room 14 ). If you set 7-10, it will calculate very slow. If you set 20 it may last 1-2 hour.

3 Likes

@pyXam

I have placed columns and beams, by using the boundaries of these elements I’m trying to create a foundation slab. and for points I’m using the text basepoints from cad link

@sovitek please share your full graph

something here maybe

2 Likes

@sovitek
custom node packages name please

1 Like

Im no structural engineer but why for each room and not the boundary of the entire floor plate?

@pyXam
:sweat_smile:I’m not a structural engineer either. I believe the purpose is to obtain the exact quantity of slab and beams.

But like… wouldnt the slab sit ontop of the beams encompasing the entire area?

bimorph, spring, clockwork, dynamomep, :wink:

Im not structural either, but for get the entire floor guess it will be difficult in this case @pyXam could you show an example how it can be done ?

for entire floor i would try something here…

2 Likes

Your example shows it :stuck_out_tongue: but i suppose i was asking out of curiosity, in our firm we have structural engineers and a drafting team so… @Error451

Thoughts onto the actual construction methodology on a slab such as this?