Create a copy of a selected element at position

hi, there
Im have a project where i need to create multiple lights at the position stored in an array of positions.
The light is a custom symbol made by me, with the family named LE_Generic_light

How can i duplicate or create a new instance of this light?

Thanks

Here’s one way: Dynamo Dictionary

If that doesn’t work, I suggest posting some sample files/data so the community can understand a bit more about what you’re working with.

Hi, thanks for replying.

That node doesn’t work very well for what I want, because if I rerun the dynamo new elements are added but the old ones are deleted

What I want to do is:
I have a .dxf plant of a house, and I want to import some elements of that file to Revit, so I don’t have to do it manually.
I want to choose the layer and the replacing element, and the dynamo would create one Element( ex: light) in Revit for each element in the selected layer in the .dwg file.

I already have the positions of the elements in the selected layer of the .dxf, now I need to instantiate the light in that positions, ( possible with python )

This is element binding, which allows a more free-flowing design context. You can read about element binding here: Element Binding in Revit

If you want to avoid bindings and additional results on every run, clean the bindings and run the graph via Dynamo Player.