Copy and paste filters to view templates

Very good days.
I am encountering the following problem.
I have a view template that has settings for lines, colors, fill patterns, line weights, filter assets, visibility, etc. both in cut and surface.
I’m trying to copy said filter settings to other view templates I have created.
If anyone is wondering if it would be better to just duplicate one and rename, it would not be the solution because in the MODEL CATEGORIES, ANNOTATION CATEGORIES, ANALYTICAL MODEL CATEGORIES tab there are other configurations that are particular and also They have very specific configurations, that is why I only want copies of the configuration of the FILTERS tab because it is the only thing they will share.
Could someone please help me with my problem… Thank you very much for your time.

There is another workaround that I’ve recently used:

Step1:
Manage all view templates, and add suffix “- Temp” to their names (for example, rename “Presentation Plans” to “Presentation Plans - Temp”)

Step 2:
Create a view template, and name it “Temporary Replacement”. Add filters. Uncheck all overrides in that template, except Filter overrides. Save it like that.

Step 3:
Lets assume you have 50 floor plans that have a template “Presentation Plans - Temp”. Open up one of those views. Remove the template. Assign template “Temporary Replacement”. Notice that everything stays the same, except that filters are added. Remove template from view again.

Step 4:
Go to view tab, and select “Create template from current view”. Name it “Presentation Plans” Remember to uncheck all the overrides that you don’t need or leave everything checked.

Step 5:
Manage view templates again. Delete template “Presentation Plans - Temp”. Revit will ask you about the deletion process, and give you two options. Select option “Choose a replacement view template”, and select “Presentation Plans”. Revit will assign that template to 49 views.

2 Likes

Get source view template. Select filters (or get all filters), get their overrides. Apply filters and overrides to target view template(s).

as…??? I got lost! :pensive:

In line with Hamish’s approach

2 Likes

wow… oh my goodness I’m going to try it… it gave me anxiety just looking at the code… how easy it looks!!.. thanks for your comment…