Consolidating Lists, Closing the loop?

Hey All,

I’ve gotten to the point where I could make 4 seperate facade systems from lists, but when I try to connect them together, they don’t seem to want to play nice. Is there a way to tell dynamo to connect the ends of a list to the start of a list? So that the final geometry can be joined together as one single entity rather than 4 seperate sheets.

It would be good if I could have nurbscurves I could make a form out of. Whenever I try the nurbs by points with closed loop it closes in on itself

any help would be appreciated

4 Sided Script

Hi,

Your best bet is “List.Combine” used together with “List.Join”. Keep in mind that you’ll most likely have to reverse some of the lists of points to get an ordered loop:

2015-10-30_22-17-24

2015-10-30_22-19-08

2015-10-30_22-19-45

Hi Dimitar,

I feel like maybe it could have something to do with the creation of the lists itself?

Could that be an issue??

Capture

That is correct - the structure of the lists is crucial for the above outcome. From your image above, it looks like your sub-lists of points are nested in a third list( i.e. is of rank 3 ) and each side is therefore processed individually. For the example above to work, every input list has to be exactly two levels deep, or in other words have a rank of 2. Once the lists are joined in the correct order, the resulting list should be of rank two as well.

There’s a built-in node called “Rank”. Could you try connecting all of your input lists and the output list to a “Rank” node and check the depth of the lists?

2015-11-02_10-39-36

I checked an they are rank three, so I put a flatten list node on it to bring it down to rank 2, but after I ran it I got a singlefunction object??

Capture

Untitled-1 Untitled-2 Untitled-3 Untitled-4

These are the source images I’ve been using to generate the facade

You’ll need to re-connect the output of the “List.Flatten” node, not the output of the “Rank” node.

My bad, I linked them wrong

It’s working now Thanks so much Dimitar!!!

Capture