Confused with Transaction.Start and End

Hi,

I am trying to copy a detail group from a drafting view, and place it in a floor plan view. Whenever I create the view, I am trying to place the group on the floor plan, and it is not appearing. I noticed that whenever I manually disconnected, re ran the script and then reconnected the nodes that the group would be placed. However, when I put the transaction.end and then start, the detail group does not place, and I don’t know why.

@keknoian ,

there should be happen something between start and and end.

KR

Andreas

Try placing the Transaction End node between the Viewport Set CropBox and Get Parameter Value By Name and leave out the Transaction Start all together.

I am still getting the same result.

Show your whole graph or attach it.

I noticed that whenever I manually disconnected, re ran the script and then reconnected the nodes that the group would be placed.

Provide example of what you disconnected. It’s possible the Transaction End node may need to be placed somewhere else in your graph.

If I disconnect the node after the transaction.end and reconnect it works.

Try using a passthrough node that waits for the results from either the setcropbox node or the getparametervalue node before passing the point to the Group.PlaceGroupInstance node.

Unfortunately, it yields the same result.

I am fairly certain the place group node is executing too soon. try breaking the link with the transaction end node as shown below. If that doesn’t work, then I am at a loss.

That did not work, however I was able to find a solution by copying the group from view to view rather than trying to place it.

1 Like