Code block not working

Hi everybody,

my name is Simone, I’m totally new at Dynamo, I’m trying to doing the advanced tutorial available in the site.

I’m stucked at Unit 2 - Family by point - Part 1. I divide the isoline in U direction, making a code block as described, but when I connect the code block to the Curve.PointAtParameter it turns yellow with the following warning:

Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of PointAtParameter that takes arguments of type (__array,__array)

Furthermore, if you can see it in the picture, the “zero"and the"one” number in the code block are blue instead of being black as in the video, and the "zero"symbol has the small sloped line in the center, while in the video the “zero” is more like the “O” vowel letter. May be because I installed the 8.0 version of Dynamo, of may be some keyboard setting of the pad number (even if I checked and everything seems to be ok), in any case I can’t go ahead with the tutorial, and this is quite frustrating.

I attache the image where I’m blocked.

Another thing I noticed is that in the Surface.GetIsoline and Curve.Length, I have “curve” in the output box, while in the video there is the “var” word, like in the Curve.PointAt Parameter I have “point” instead of “var” again.

Hope someone can help me out with that.

Thank you in any case

Simone

code block not working

Hi Simone,

Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of PointAtParameter that takes arguments of type (__array,__array)

is the node giving an error because you re trying to put a list with a nested list (__array,__array) as input,try to put a flatten node before curve.pointAtParameter to get rid of that error.

The black numbers and var instead of point and curve is i think from a previous version of dynamo

I’ve found that the issue is from the ‘Select Face’ node, for some reason, it’s returning a nested list of a surface, fixed to issue by using a GetItemAtIndex node, I’m sure it could be fixed with a Flatten node too but, it’s best if it just returned a simple list, I mean it’s just going to be just one surface anyways.