Clean Polycurve

I am doing something wrong but I cannot figure out what it is for the life of me. I think I have read through every post on this forum regarding simplifying a Polycurve.

The best method I have seen is to use Springs.CurveLoop.Simplify but I cannot get it to work.

I am pulling the Perimeter Curves from a surface and trying to clean up the lines so that there is one curve per edge.

The revit file was too big but if you just draw a curtain wall in a new project and it will find it.

Curtain Wall Profile.dyn (12.0 KB)

You can try deconstructing and reassembling the Polycurve by using unique points.
This will only work once you have sorted the points sequentially around the face though (plenty of posts on the forum regarding that kind of workflow)

Ewan,

Thanks for the help. Lunchbox has a node Points.SortPointsAlongCurve that work perfectly for me.I then did some vector magic to clean the points within the line. I created vectors from point to point then shifted the list by one and checked to see if the vectors were parallel. Vectors at corners are not.

8 Likes

Thanks for this. I spent way too much time trying to figure out the same thing. This approach is way easier.

One question – what do you do if your original set of curves included an arc segment? The polycurve by points gives you the chord of the arc rather than the arc.