Civil 3D Toolkit Part Family Node

I am trying to use the Selection.PartFamilyByName node from the Civil 3D Toolkit. The preceding Selection.PartsListByName node is functioning as expected, and is outputting the correct parts list from my Civil 3D drawing. I have a string feeding into the name input on the Selection.PartFamilyByName node, which I have triple checked for accuracy, but the Selection.PartFamilyByName node always returns null. I have also tried other part families from my drawing with no luck. I just downloaded the latest package of the toolkit today. Can anyone help?

Hi @jkreger5P63A,

Are you trying to select a structures family or pipe family? If it’s a structures family, then it’s a known issue and it has been logged on GitHub:

In the meantime, here’s a workaround.

2 Likes

Hello @mzjensen - thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated. I’m quite new to this, so I was not aware I could look at GitHub for logged known issues. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Also, thank you for pointing me to the thread that includes the workaround. I will definitely give that a try. :slightly_smiling_face:

You’re welcome!