CIVIL 3D Adding Breaklines to Surface

im trying to create a dynamo script in civil 3d 2022 which selects all breaklines within my drawing and adds to existing surface. im stuck and i cant seem to figure out how to get it to function correctly. does anyone know how to complete or know what im missing? thank you

I feel like There is quite a fe bits wrong here.
-No need for red
-Purple are missing inputs
-Green is where the connection should be?

3 Likes

Try the node “Select all object of type” to select the featurelines in the file
This should solve you issue, at least to add all feature lines to your surface

When I check the graph I see that you also try to add inputs as string to the node “Add Standard Breaklines” and it ask for double so if you want other values than predefined, check what type of input the node ask for and change your value to that type

As you see in this picture the difference is the quotes. “0.01” is a string, 0 is a integer and 0.01 is a double

One question comes in my mind, do you want to set the elevation för the breaklines from the surface “EG” before you add them to the same surface , “EG”?
Normally when we add breaklines to a surface for existing ground they already have elevations, in your graph the surface will be updated with breaklines that have the elevation that the surface had before the breaklines where added.

3 Likes

thank you for your help. your top image solved my issue. i appreciate both your time and effort.

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:
My way to give back to the forum for all help I’ve recieved