Changing element worksets from excel

Yea I tried that earlier but it just gave me null values

Hi,

You can use the Workset By Name node to retrieve the Id.

2 Likes

I am using Archilab Workset.ByName to Archilab Workset.ID. Workset parameter is number not a string.

I cant seem to find that node, I think they have removed it

The node is still there but it is probably necessary to update the package.

Hi Jacob, Is my thought process all wrong for this script. I have a Revit Exported Excel file with the updated Worksets & associated ID’s. My script reads the excel file, pulls out the workset name and IDs then sets the Worksets in order to the Excel file?

The Workset part of my script has got messy because I’ve been trying different nodes to get it to work

Are you trying to set a Category to a particular workset or are you setting it by each element?

what is the error you are getting at Workset.Name also that is not the same node that I have. My node is called Workset.ByName

Hi Jacob, I was trying to set each elements workset but I think it would be easier if I could set the category instead.

I have found them nodes but I think my script process is all wrong.

Here are two simple ways you can do this.

1 Like

1 Like

Now to get it the way you’re trying to do it. I just tested it out and it works for me.

Change Element Workset From Excel.dyn (25.1 KB)

1 Like

Thats brillant Jacob, Thanks alot.

Can you tell me what the code block node does? x:int;

If i can try to answer that:
I think that converts a text to a number (integer)

1 Like

Marcel is correct from what I know. I honestly google allot when creating scripts to figure out different ways to do things.

Apologies for the late reply but massive thanks for your help guys ! I’ve learned alot.