Change titleblock instace parameters on selected sheets

Hello there,

what I would like to achieve is to select some sheets and then change some of the instance parameter values of the titleblock’s only on these sheets.
The client’s titleblock family only has different sizes (A0, A1, A2, …). All other parameters are the same. The stamps and plan indices are controlled by instance parameters.

For example, I want to change the stamp from A to B (they are yes/no visibility parameters) on 50 sheets out of 100. Right now I have to go to every sheet, click on the titleblock and uncheck, check the instance parameter.

I tried following O°RI technologies 2 videos, but they change the titleblock type applied to the sheets not their instance parameters.

This is what I have so far:
right now the changes are not registered, since sheets don’t have the parameters that I’m trying to set.
I’m using the Data-shapes package for UI.

Is this workflow even possible?

Even though some sheets may not have the parameter, seems like your graph should still work on the sheets that do have the parameter. To weed those sheets out, setup a check for parameter option similar to shown below.

The sheets don’t have the parameter I want to change, the titleblocks do, which are placed on the sheets

Skip the sheets altogether. We tend to think in sheets because that’s what we physically interact with, but they have nothing to do with your logic here. You can get the sheet name and number directly from the title block so start with the title block instances and use those as your selection with Data-Shapes. Then you don’t have to worry about converting from sheet to title block.

3 Likes

I was actually meaning the titleblock and not the sheet view. Apologies for the confusion. I overlooked you not getting the actual titleblocks in your graph. From your list of sheet views, you can use the rhythm Sheet.Titleblock node to get the titleblocks. A cleaner route would be as what @Nick_Boyts suggested.

Example with based on sheets. (uses package Rhythm).
for yes n parameter exchange the string node (here be text) to a bool.

@staylor your method worked, thank you for your help!

I would also like to try the route @Nick_Boyts suggested, but I’m having a hard time trying to figure out how to get started with it. Could you show me what you meant? Maybe I’m missing some custom node.

Title blocks inherit certain sheet parameters, including sheet name and sheet number. So you can get that information directly from the TB without ever having to involve the sheets.

2 Likes

Example:

Sorry @Nick_Boyts , I know we try to guide and let the user figure things out, but it was easier to show the example, instead of describing what to do. Plus I was curious if I could get it to work with just codeblocks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Figured it out, thank you for all the help @staylor & @Nick_Boyts!

1 Like