Change color of Duct and pipe System

Hello,
I have a file that all Pipe and Duct System have a color.
I would have all this System in magenta and override this properties.
I’ve tested Element.overrideProjectionlinecolor but I would have both projection and cutcolor in magenta for all object and views.

If anyone had a suggestion, thank you.

Hello,
Welcome to the forum. You could need to browse this page before getting an answer:

You will need to send some more details. You can still link to another thread but it would be better to attach some screenshots if you can (or through Dropbox).
Moreover, type your keywords in the search field to make sure this has not been covered already.

For instance:

Hello,
I have seen this post but I want to change all Duct System in the document.
I have tried this file for change all element in magenta, but this files don’t change the duct system on the file.
When I do a cut, the color’s duct system will reappared and the elements aren’t in magenta…

Could Filter Overrides help?

Hmm, i’ll try.
But this nodes must change Duct System in all views, including Cut views that I can made.
If I change graphics override in view, that’s only apply on the current view.

Send some screenshots (keep it as simple as possible) and someone who knows the topic better than me will surely take a look…

I’ll change and override here the Color of Duct System (here is a screenshot of Revit in French)

For anyone to be able to understand, I think this is what you are talking about:
http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-0E860EB4-62A7-4B5A-89A4-FEA563232E18
Exact?

Yes, change graphism and color of Duct System.
I have on my file arround 90 Duct System. It’s really boring actually to click and change color of all thoose System manually.
That’s why I search a Dynamo Script which will be change that settings automaticaly.

I’ll whip up some code for you.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer and ideas.

You can use this to change the line pattern, the line color and the line weight just like in the Revit Dialog.
I might get around to creating a custom node for this so that it will take inputs of varying lenghts but for now this should do the trick. There’s 3 python nodes in the file: one for each override. For color you need to specify the RGB values and for the linepattern you need to find the right one in the list. Good luck!

Duct system type change graphic override.dyn (12.6 KB)

1 Like

This code and overrides applies on all view? Including cut views which aren’t created yet?

Yup, it does exactly the same as changing these values in Revit:

2 Likes

I got this advertise on the code color :

Avertissement:IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript l’opération a échoué.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 22, in
IndexError: index out of range: 1

Thank you with others Python code but i just wanna change the color. :slight_smile:

It should work, but you need to make sure you feed it equal lenght lists on every node. In other words: if you feed it 90 System types, then you also need to feed it 90 color values per node.

1 Like

It works !!
Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Hello!
I am trying to use your code but it shows up the same problem, just to be clear: I need to change only the color of all element types into black

can you please advise me on what i’m doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi @matteo.persanti

If you look closely @T_Pover image he is feeding SystemType but your image shows Pipe elements.

2 Likes

How can I set up your code to select Clear Overrides?