[Request for Feedback] Refreshing workspace dependency extension

Dear Dynamo users,

While we are wrapping up the new workspace dependency viewer functionality earlier mentioned in [Request for Feedback] Dynamo Graph Package Dependency Display. We have something need your feedback on. Currently the dependencies will be only calculated once on the right side when the dyn is opened. e.g.

Although, the intention is to help users to address dependencies when they started to consume other authors’ work. However, certain users may prefer to keep the extension open on the right and keep monitoring the dependencies involved in the graph. In that way we would like to provide user ways to recalculate dependencies so the info there update to date. In order to make recalculation performance balanced, we decided to start with a manual refresh button.

In this way, when clicking on the refresh button, graph authors can see the up-to-date dependencies information on the right. e.g.

Please leave your comments in this thread if you find this way is straight forward or not. If you have other comments, I will be here to listen as well.

Cheers,
Aaron-

3 Likes

@Aaron_Tang, Aaron

Straight forward in my opinion. I think the idea of a manual refresh button is simple and effective. Having it constantly refresh is not needed.

Excited for the release :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

:point_up_2:
Agreed. Auto-refresh does not seem necessary to me.

3 Likes

Looks simple enough, don’t see why it needs to be much more complicated than that.

3 Likes

I think that it would be perfect if it could automatically update when the files is saved

3 Likes

Yes it is updated whenever user saves the workspace. Thanks for checking out!

3 Likes

This all looks amazing. I think leaving it to a manual refresh is enough. Refreshing when saving makes sense as well. Looking forward to this being released.

2 Likes