CAD.CurvesFromCADLayers IS DELETING THE CREATED PROFILE WHEN I RUN A NEW LAYER

Hello!

I’m new to Dynamo and I discovered this tool to create structural elements (structural framework) for my project by linking a 3d cad.

The routine was created and is working, but when I run another layer and profile, it deletes the profile that was previously created.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Look into element binding.

Jacob, grateful for your help,
But as I mentioned previously, I’m a layman when it comes to visual programming.
I read your article but I couldn’t understand/solve my problem.

I’ll try to explain the problem again, maybe I’ll be clearer this time.

I share the CAD file that I am using for testing.

In the first test, I created the profiles from the “PROPERTY-92” layer and when I run it again with the “PROPERTY-91” layer, the profiles created from the previous layer are deleted.

Thanks again for the help!

Element binding is the process which prevents you from selecting the same profile twice, and putting the exact same thing into the model a second time.

The AU session linked in the post I gave above has all the specifics, but the easy way to avoid binding is as follows:

1. Remove any bindings from the file, either by processing an invalid selection or by editing the .dyn as a text document.
  2. Save the graph.
  3. Only execute the graph from Dynamo Player going forward. This works as the graph is not saved, and is reopened on each run, so there are no bindings in the file nor does Dynamo or Revit recall the association on the subsequent runs.
  1. Set the “Select Model Element” node as Input
  2. Create a new project.
  3. Run your script in the context of this new project in Dynamo.
  4. SAVE youy dyn file.
  5. Run your project from Dynamo Player in other projects.