Boolean list based on sub sublist information

Hello. I’ve been searching around without finding this, although it probably already has been asked about.

I am fetching some elements from my model, and checking if some points from the geometry of the element is inside a bounding box by the x,y coordinates.
The points come from specific objects, but there are multiple points put on corners etc of my objects, to see if any part of it is inside the bounding box.

The resulting list for this check is built up like this: (true if the point is inside the bounding box, and false if not)
[0] List
[0] List
[0] List
true
true
false
false
true
true
[1] List
[0] List
[0] List
false
false
false
false
false
false

Where the first index refers to the element, the second index refers to some geometry on the element, and the third index refers to if a point on the geometry is or is not inside the bounding box.

WHAT I WANT is to return a list from this with a boolean value for if any part of the item is inside the boundix box.

So i want, based on this list to return
List
[0] True
[1] True
[2] False
[3] True

if i have 4 elements’ geometry checked.
There has to be a way to do this without checking a fixed amount of elements.

Does anyone know a way to do this ?

@andre.abotnes Would be good if you try to explain your problem again with Dynamo screenshots of your attempts so far.
Difficult to grasp the problem from the above description.

I’m sorry about my poor explanation of the problem.

This is where an element is partly inside the bounding box

you can use List.AnyTrue (or AnyFalse) from the Clockwork package:

1 Like

You could also do what @jostein_olsen suggested like this…

1 Like

I tried this, but it only yielded false as result. But jostein_olsen’s way worked like a charm :slight_smile:

You mostly didn’t change the lacing to Longest

Yes, ofcourse. My bad :slight_smile: Thanks so much for you guys’ input!

1 Like