BimorphNodes V4.0 Released - Rebuilt for Revit 2022

It’s fixed in the latest version.

1 Like

Thank you very much Thomas! Did you roll it out? I can’t find it on Package-Manager.

Yep its there:

Are you seeing anything different? And just to clarify, when you said you’re using v4.1.2 you didn’t get this mixed up with v4.2.1?

I tried in that version too but I got same error. It is from late March. I will test it again and let you know.

CAD.DetailCurvesFromCADLayers is only creating a few lines and is producing this error:

Warning: CAD.DetailCurvesFromCADLayers operation failed.
Curve must be in the plane
Parameter name: curve

Can’t nail down what the issue is here.

Hello @crapai "try pull on plane "

The node doesn’t have an input for curves that would benefit from that node. I think it is generating the node within the node from the cad import.

Hello @Thomas_Mahon

Trying to use CAD.SymbolicCurvesFromCADLayers. Can i grab all geometry just by this node? No luck yet. Attaching dyn and rvt. Thanks in advance!

CAD.SymbolicCurvesFromCADLayers.rvt (428 KB)
CAD.SymbolicCurvesFromCADLayers.dyn (8.9 KB)

this Node will only work in Family documents.

1 Like

Hi Thomas,
Hope you are doing well,
I am using the updated version of your outstanding package but i noticed if there any kind of curves or arcs in the list of curves the node of “Curve.FindDuplicates” doesn’t work as expected:

Thanks in advance. :heart:

Hi @Thomas_Mahon. The Importinstance.reportinstances node usually works but for some reason in this project its giving the error below. In R23 which it usually works. Have the latest package

Is there a way to make this a report instance?

It might be unloaded links. See if that is the problem, otherwise try V5.0.0.

thanks, v5 fixed it. Got confused what version I had

Hello Thomas,

sorry for disturbing you with the same problem. I installed 5.1.2 and still got that warning when I open a new project in same Revit session:

I cant reproduce this error. Is you link from BIM 360? What version of Revit are you in? Can you share a file which exhibits this error?

Hello Thomas,

you can reproduce this error like this:

1. Open Dynamo and place these two nodes shown in my graph
  2. Link a random CAD file and get its lines with those nodes
  3. Close project
  4. Create a new project and link random file again
  5. Use these two nodes again

Hi @Deniz_Maral I looked at this again but still can’t repoduce it:
Tested in R2022 and 2024.

Steps taken

1. Open Dynamo and created graph as shown.
  2. Run node successfully.
  3. Close active document which automatically closes Dynamo.
  4. Opened new file (without closing Revit) and relaunched Dynamo running the same graph.
  5. Selected the new link.
  6. Run node successfully.

I also tried opening two files in the same session to prevent Dynamo from auto-closing when closing one document. It reattaches to the other document, then I select the link in that doc and run the node again and it still works?

Let me know if I understood the steps correctly.

1 Like

The only difference between us is that you close document and that closes Dynamo automatically. I generally close Dynamo and then document. I don’t know though if that is the issue…
That DocumentClosing Event causes something in background if Dynamo is not opened.

Ok I attempted that too and it works:

1. Opened Revit
  2. Created new document + linked CAD file.
  3. Launched Dynamo.
  4. Created script matching your image and saved it.
  5. Run script.
  6. Closed Dynamo.
  7. Closed document (not Revit).
  8. Created new document.
  9. Linked CAD file.
  10. Launched Dynamo + opened script.
  11. Run script (after updating the CAD link selection).

Maybe send a screen recording if you can duplicating the problem and I’ll continue investigating.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for answering, Thomas!
Here is a screencast for you
BiMorphNodes_Warning