Automatic doors in revit with dynamo from dwg

I’ll try by cleaning up the model a bit and following what you told me in order to familiarize myself. thank you so much

here is rvt i use with you cadlink…could probably help, then it should probably just run…but be sure you have these package i use, guees dynamo will tell you which

testcad.rvt (2.5 MB)

1 Like

thank you infinitely

1 Like

and remember stay in a planview when run

I’ll do some tests and let you know, I’ll take this opportunity to ask, in your opinion, could freezing the part relating to the walls (for example if I’ve already modeled them) only generate the doors?

Hi then you will need modify the graph, i have build it for create walls and insert doors

I’ll try and if I find the solution I’ll let you know. Thank you

Yeah try play around with it good for practice, and if you go totally stuck, just come again :wink:

good morning, I’m trying to modify the graph to have a solution for when I already have the walls modeled and insert only the doors and possibly the windows but I can’t. any suggestions? thank you all

here is an expample, with that…just swap the first part from the graph already given…with something here, best to show your own progress in the future…and we can help from there,

Revit_UNOA5htVFB

1 Like

good afternoon, I was doing some tests and some modifications based on the script, but I can’t understand why if I launch the script at piano level 0 everything is ok. if I go to level 1, I insert the CAD (without importing it), I launch the script but it doesn’t insert the doors giving me an error

I can’t figure out which part of the node binds the script to the level.

Try level plane as here…

btw…if it is the same cad, i would just copy already elements to selected level…but its possible as well with cad, but then you need set it up in player for elementbinding and probably one level at time or create my graph another way,

yes I would like to set it up so that if on the top floor there are different openings I directly select the cad I place at the desired level and run the script

yes it will always be project specific , but all about sorting and practice…I cant come it closer, its just examples how it could be done maybee…cad in revit :wink:

1 Like

i thought it would be easier to assign a level parameter than to insert the doors automatically from dwg to revit. given my little experience i can’t find a solution to have each level, inserted a dwg (even the same one) have the doors inserted. but i thank you anyway for your time

I’d recommend you only do a CAD per level at once. Have the script read the level of your active view and use that level as the placement level for the walls/doors. Much more intuitive given CAD’s are flat and only really represent one level anyway.

This will be a better approach as it encourages the user to review the outcome at each level versus just run it across a giant model and assume it worked when it possibly has errors.

1 Like

I tried inserting the layer in different places in the script, but I can’t find the correct node that tells the script to read the layer of your active view and use that layer as the placement layer for the walls/doors.