Automatic deployment of custom UI nodes

Currently, we are trying to automate the deployment of a dynamo package. However, as this package contains custom UI nodes, compiling its dlls in Visual studio is not enough. The next step is to use the Dynamo Package Manager to locally publish it.

My question is: is there a possibility to call that Package Manger functionality without opening Dynamo editor in Revit? For example, referencing some dlls in a C# project and accessing that function, using batch commands…

Achieving that goal will make it possible to easily deploy the package through repository pipelines, without the need for that manual step in Dynamo.

My question is: is there a possibility to call that Package Manger functionality without opening Dynamo editor in Revit? For example, referencing some dlls in a C# project and accessing that function, using batch commands…

Achieving that goal will make it possible to easily deploy the package through repository pipelines, without the need for that manual step in Dynamo. Any help would be appreciated.

If you configure it properly, VS should be able to produce everything needed for the package. Dynamo Unchained, Become A Zero Touch Developer in 75 Minutes, and the Developer Primer all cover this in their own way. The “Build A Package from Visual Studio” is likely your best bet as I think it’s the most current, but you should review each of those resources.

Once set up correctly the content from any given build can be pushed to any user’s local package directory using whatever method you prefer for deployment. I would not recommend utilizing a network location for this, but get it onto their individual machines directly.