Attach Topography to Floor

Yes

With the below definition you should get similar results without splitting
Topography-3.dyn (23.1 KB)

Topography-3

Topography to Polysurface code (included in the above definition)

iA=List.GetItemAtIndex(T.Mesh.VertexPositions,T.Mesh.FaceIndices.A);
iB=List.GetItemAtIndex(T.Mesh.VertexPositions,T.Mesh.FaceIndices.B);
iC=List.GetItemAtIndex(T.Mesh.VertexPositions,T.Mesh.FaceIndices.C);
TopoSurf=PolySurface.ByJoinedSurfaces(Surface.ByPerimeterPoints(List.Transpose({iA,iB,iC})));
4 Likes

Hi Vikram,

Is there anyway to run this graph using multiple floors, that have slab edge edits?
I am a landscape architect and we commonly use floors with slab edge edits to model site.

@asargeant Should be possible, though I don’t completely recollect all aspects of the above workflow.
Please try selecting multiple floors and post your results here along with files and error screenshots.

I think the problem might no be the fact I tried to do two floors but that one of them has modified interior points.

Hi all,

First, thanks for this super useful thread. As a beginner with Dynamo, I have been trying to attach the topo to a surface using Dynamo for a long time and this thread has been of great help!

There is one last step I would like to add to my script : instead of offsetting the perimeter of the floor, I would like to be able to control the angle of the slope of the fill up/excavation. That way, regardless, of the height difference between the road and the topo, the angle of the slope will be the same.

I would be grateful if you guys had any tip to do that.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

The below definition, besides being a slightly improved version of the earlier definition I’d posted, has a slope angle parameter
Topography-4.dyn (34.6 KB)
And the result in Revit is something like this …

2 Likes

Hi Vikram,

Thanks a lot for your script and your time. Let me go through it and I will come back to you if I have any question!

1 Like

Hi Vikram!

Sorry for the delay in replying.

If I am not mistaken, the angle in your script controls the offset of the projected polycurve on the plan created below the topography. However, it does not control the angle of the slope between the road and the topography.

See the image below: I am trying the have all the slopes around my object to have a controllable angle. At the moment, the closer the topography from my object, the flatter the slope.

I appreciate your help in that matter!!
Dynamo-Image01|690x435

I hope this could help

The one below should …
Topography-5.dyn (35.2 KB)
Topography5

5 Likes

Hi guys,
very interesting thread, i tried the script but only one face of the floor has been connected by the topo, do someone have idea of the reason?
Thanks

Hi, is it possible that it is related to the different heights of the floor border?
thanks

Hello! I am very interested in a solution to bring topo up to a walkway/surface like you have shown. I am running this in Dynamo and getting the error attached. Is there an issue within Revit if it is giving me this?