Adding nested families by drag selection

As I am working on project I want list of elements which are nested elements.So I want list by drag selection, as i want multiple nested family elements in single drag selection.While selection I will be be in assembly view.and no parent element is visible in that view.Please help me to select nested families by drag selection without selecting parent element.

I don’t think it’s possible to change the window or crossing selection method in Dynamo, at least like what you are after. You can use Dynamo to filter and select the elements that you want, in the view, then go from there.

Thank you @staylor for reply.is there any way where I can find list of Co-linear element.As I work on auto dimension command I found that elements which are co-linear then it will “0” dimension value.So I want to remove that zero dimension string. Can it be done either I can get co-linear element? or I can remove that zero dimension string.

If you are dimensioning in true x and y axis, you can get the location of all columns and group by the coordinate that is on the same axis as the dimension string. Example if your dim string is parallel to x axis, group all the columns that have the same x axis coordinate and only pull the reference from one column in each group. There are probably other methods that can be used, it just depends on how you are dimensioning.

1 Like