Trouble with dynamo

Hello Everyone, I would like to create alignment using Dynamo but along its workflows occurred warning. The coordinates are imported from Excel file. I use Revit 2022, dynamo Core 2.10.1.3976
Dynamo Revit 2.10.1.4002.

Without knowing what the error is we cannot help but we can speculate. Also good to indicate what is going in/out of the nodes prior.

Have you checked the data type of the objects going into the points by coordinates node? It may look like a number but can be a string.

There is two ways you can check:

• Check the format for the cell in Excel, as it may not be a number which it may look like it is.
  • A more robust way would be to use the “Object.Type” node within dynamo which will output if it is a string, number, etc. Then convert the string to a number, I think there is a “String to Number node” though i have not checked dynamo to confirm.

There could also be “null” or “empty” items within the prior list that also need to adequately sorted prior to going into the “Points.ByCoordinates” node.

3 Likes

You’re actually reading your Excel data as strings. The input readAsStrings requires a boolean input, not a string. A string is read as a true value in this case.

3 Likes

Thank you Sir