Topo subregion node?

anyone know of a node to create a subregion in topography from sketch lines? I need to read a cad file and create subregions. I already have the rest of the graph written. Thanks :slight_smile:

You’ll need Python, but it looks like there is some code available here. It’s a slightly different workflow but should be adjustable to generate sub regions.

1 Like

I’m sorry to bother you, but I’m trying to accomplish the very same thing as the post you suggested but the code is failing.

Traceback (most recent call last): File “”, line 37, in AttributeError: ‘list’ object has no attribute ‘ToRevitType’

I even started this topic to get some help.

This error indicates that you fed an incorrect list structure to the node. Python is different to normal nodes in that you can’t feed sublists unless a node is built for it. I believe that Python script requires a list for the region input, my guess is you are sending in a list of lists, so it iterates over that rather than a region.

1 Like

Thanks for your response, Gavin. In deed I was connecting a list of list.

However, when I input a flattened list, I get:

File “”, line 36, in
TypeError: iteration over non-sequence of type Line

Maybe the thing do not recognize the sketch as a closed loop? I updated my topic with the files.