Set a Key Schedule Parameter back to (none)

Is there a way to set a key schedule parameter back to (none)? I have a script where I can easily set a key parameter to the element of a valid key, but I can’t figure out how to unset the parameter, which I need to do if certain conditions aren’t met. I can’t set the parameter with the string “(none)” even though that is what is output when an unset parameter is queried. I also can’t set the parameter to a null value, which also throws an error.

Try feeding a ‘null’ for the key in question.

I did, but get an error on the set parameter by name node

Warning: Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, Revit.Elements.Element)’ and ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, string)’

Hmmmm… try using an invalid element? (Select by ID, -1 as the ID, feed that). Might not work though. This may require a more direct Revit API interaction (IE: Python, or a custom zero touch node) to ensure the right override.

Hello…have you tried this one,it could probably help…

3 Likes

Setting it to an invalid element (which resulted in null) didn’t work, but the springs node did.

Thank you!

1 Like