Revit and "space planning" | Data.ImportExcel fails

A script that was working properly a month ago now gives a simple error message on an Excel import. Data is stored on Autodesk Construction Cloud, however there have been no changes in terms of location.

Anyone have an idea what is going wrong?

Fig. 1

Thanks in advance.

Did you try to copy the excel sheet from the cloud to your local computer and run the script using the locally file again?

@OS-den yes but same problems

This should work unless there is an error into the excel file try the same script with another excel file, also try to put a Boolean True for “ReadAsStrings”

What is this yellow thing in your screenshot? I marked it by red arrow.
What results gives you the Data.ImportExcel node after the error?
In case you could share the excel sheet & a part of the script so I may can test & understand better the error.
SC

You have tried with this solution ?

1 Like

Hi,
it looks like there are more than 260 characters in your path.

The server tree and/or the filename may need to be reviewed

1 Like

@OS-den

The result after the error “null”

Herewith the source data:
202101_BGD_XX_ZZ_M3_A_0039_Space-planning-box.rfa (576 KB) ACC V2
202101_BGD_XX_ZZ_RD_A_0040_Space-planning-programma-Dijkstraat-34.xlsx (20.9 KB) ACC V3
202101_BGD_XX_ZZ_M3_A_0037_Space-planning.dyn (757.8 KB) ACC V43
202101_BGD_XX_ZZ_M3_A_0036_Huis.rvt (5.2 MB) ACC V5

Thanks in advance.

I’m sorry I’m having an older version of Revit so the Revit file didn’t open, despite all, also the dynamo file couldn’t be opened with Revit-Dynamo version 2.3 nor with Dynamo Core 2.16, Seems something Wrongly with the Dynamo file.
Try to reconstruct from new the dynamo file you have, following to the old one if it’s opening at you PC and try again.

@OS-den

Unfortunately without success (see fig. 1), I’ll try @chuongmep solution next week.

I had a similar issue with importing excel, my work around is using the newer Data.OpenXMLImportExcel node. See if that helps you, just needed to convert filepath to string and gtg.

Solution, Thanks @chuongmep @KirkWM @OS-den @c.poupin @jacob.small !