Retrieve common geometry of all participants

Hi guys, i want to retrieve common geometry of all participants by code to use in visual studio like node Geometry.IntersectAll
How can Revit API retrieve them ?
Thank in advanced

Hi @mr.engineer.aec,

Can you elaborate a little bit on your use case? I’m pretty sure the API doesn’t have a SolidIntersectSolid method, but it does have a plethora of other intersection filters you migt want to explore.
Here’s a couple of examples:

Have a dig around the API, and I’m sure you’ll find something useful :slight_smile:

It does :wink: IntersectsSolidFilter. However a ‘intersect all’ would require a recursive algorithm which utilises this filter so you’re right in that there’s nothing OOTB.

It does? :slight_smile:

I mean, I’m sure you’re right, but I can’t seem to find a filter that takes two solids.

Can you post a link to the filter? :slight_smile:

In the context of the Revit API a Solid intersects Solid is actually achieved using ElementIntersectsSolidFilter, only it takes an element (which it extracts the solids from) and another solid to perform the intersection I guess because Elements are the most persistent data type in Revit (not solids - the user cant create Solids for example) plus its a pain to extract solids from an element so I reckon the inputs were done for convenience.

With that said, if the booleaned geometry is the expected outcome from (OP hasn’t clarified), then that’s a different story entirely as it depends on the element type within Revit and uses methods in the SolidSolidCutUtils class.

1 Like

Aha, I did not know that.

Cheers Thomas :slight_smile:

1 Like