[Request for Feedback] Dynamo Graph Package Dependency Display

1. it looks great! I like it.
  2. yes, magic download button would be good.
1 Like

Finally got around to testing this in DynamoCore 2.3 and It is looking great. I really like the user-understandable serialization in the text of the DYN.

With it being serialized this way, I can definitely get on board with that. This opens up a lot of possiblities on auditing DYNs in a firm for package dependencies. :+1:

7 Likes

Thank you for trying this out! We are always listening! You may also want to try out the 2.4.0 Release Candidate pretty soon because we are building much more enhancements on top of this. Some screen shots of preview can be found on top.

I have started to look into this as well which i am glad it is human readable. I am already on my way to updating my extension(DynaStandard) to be able to read this information :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Extensions tab is a vast improvement. Much easier to track all of those packages and their versions down.

Another good tab would be one for the Dynamo Player. It could have a preview and more customization. I know that Data Shapes provides a work-around, but it would be nice to have more flexibility before you press play and keeping it all in the main interface.

2 Likes

Hello,

I don`t see that ā€œextentionā€, where is it? I have Revit 2021

2020-05-28_14h32_59
KR

Andreas

Hi it has been rebranded to Workspace References, here is a screenshot in Revit 2021:

5 Likes

Iā€™m in Revit 2020.2, Dynamo 2.3.0
The Dependency Viewer is showing that the archi-lab package is missing, but I do have it installed.
At least, I think when itā€™s red, that means ā€œmissingā€ - it would be nice to be able to right-click and see an explanation of the error

Starting with 2021 there are two colors, red meaning you donā€™t have it, and orange meaning the versioning is different. You would get orange in the new version.

1 Like

Forgive me if this was already request above, but it would be helpful if the nodes in question could somehow be highlighted or selected in the graph when the package name is selected. This could allow graph developers to quickly find and replace the ā€œproblemā€ nodes if needed. Maybe something similar to how Revit behaves when you click on an element in a schedule while simultaneously seeing the Revit in a view.

Seeing this on a graph is what made me think of this. This graph apparently uses two versions of Data-Shapes and I would like to find the old and replace with the new (even though the graph still works as is)

2 Likes

@ehall Iā€™ve logged this as an improvement for a future phase of work on this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I apologize if this has been brought up already, havenā€™t read every entry.

When a dependency is noted with the red highlighted text. This seems to be persistent even after that package has been removed from the dyn. I had this, an old graph had 0.82.8 of clockwork, I reworked the graph to not include such an old package and is still shows up. Is this due to it merely being an additive hash string and not able to edit that to remove a no longer existing dependency?

Thank you,
-Mark

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

The Workspace References extension has undergone more work in later builds (Which should be available now in either Revit 2021.1 or Revit 2022 that has hopefully resolved this via additional state additions and the ability to refresh the dependencies.

It appears that a bug was missed in the original implementation - but you can manually work around by simply deleting that entry from the .DYN file (Edit in the text editor and find the NodeLibraryDependencies JSON entry and delete. You can even delete the entire curly brace section and Dynamo will resave based on the graph package state if you wish.

2 Likes

Sol,

I neglected to mention this was in an older version, Revit 2020.2.3. It was not a major issue, just noticed. For this file, I may edit the dyn. Thanks.

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Most dependencies manage to get installed but so far Iā€™ve had 1 thatā€™s failed but I think itā€™s because of in-house development.

Iā€™d like to see ā€œinstallation progress barsā€ to show that something is happening when I hit ā€œinstallā€.

1 Like