Problems with empty lists

Thanks guys, I remember the problem now. I think Orchid only works with Dynamo 2.0+, and I havent upgraded to that for the reasons I stated before. Migration looked like a migraine.

Ok, well please let me know if you are successful upgrading the file I sent you. thanks! :slight_smile:

On the other side is ZT nodes faster than CN nodes… that is a huge plus when data stream is huge!

So the ZT nodes are much faster? I am having trouble with many of my scripts taking to long, but does that mean I have to re-write them all using different (ZT) nodes?
Thanks

That would help. Do you have Element bindings in the files? Those have a DRASTIC impact on speed. I would check for you but they weren’t posted to the topic.

If you can only tell us how @jacob.small :slight_smile: we can probably do it ourselfves

edit: bad english

1 Like

@jacob.small, I dont know exactly what that means, but by the name I would same “probably”. Since I am pulling/pushing date from/to revit elements. Which I think is necessary. If you can do that without element bindings, then how do you get rid of element bindings?

@Marcel_Rijsmus and @mix - I owe you guys a new post on element binding. Gimme the weekend to put something together.

EDIT: As promised.

3 Likes

Ok, follow up to my follow up: The real reason I couldnt install the Orchid package was that it is blocked by my IT department. Is there anyway you can just make it so you can install it via the package download in dynamo? The fact that I am trying to copy an exe is apparently freaking out my IT department. Thanks

Ok, I dont know what I am doing wrong but every time I try to do that the orchid package somehow gets removed from dynamo and there is no sign of the original install node either. please advise.

Yes it does.

I notice however that when I have revit closed, and I copy the folder to my package location, it originally has all these files in the bin folder. (right) But after I then open dynamo again, somehow they all get removed (left). So something is happening behind the scenes that I dont understand and screwing everything up.

Well what do these exe files do exactly? If I run them, are they supposed to set up orchid for me or what are they for? Do i need to tell IT to allow them? Please advise. Thanks