Points from List

Greeting from a Dynamo newbie. I’ve been exploring Dynamo (no official training) and developed a question regarding lists and extracting points.

Scenario: I watched a video tutorial about having a property line follow topographical contours. Successful modeling. I was able to put points, at varying distance 4’-10’, along these lines and in turn put posts where these points lie. I now would like to be able to extract these points and use an adaptive component to create ‘balusters’ in between my posts, this way the balusters in turn follow the slope.

I need to figure out how to extract point 0,1 and then 1,2 2,3 3,4 and so on until the end of the list. I believe this will allow me to use an adaptive component between the points to create what I desire. However, I can’t figure out how to get that combination. I continually get 0,1 2,3 4,5 which isn’t working.

Any advice would be excellent! Thanks!

Hi @MariahR

Welcome on Dynamo Forum!

Could you please drop your files in one of the dropbox services and share the link here.

1 Like

There are a few different ways to do this, and the best way for the point out are at absolutely depends on how you got to the point you are.

PolyCurve.Curves node is one option. Geometry.Explode is another. The crux of the issue is that even the best coders need to know where you are in order to give you directions to where you want to be.