Orchid package possibilities

Hi @erfajo ,

I managed to filter out family parameters from the families. Now I came to the step where I need to rename all of those parameters… I knew how to input sourceName, but I don’t know how to input targetName that should correspond to the list sourceName.

Any ideas?

Best regards, Branimir

Rename family parameters.dyn (13.1 KB)

I think something like this would help you. Get the count of the number of parameters you have, then append a name "Parameter " and number “Range” to get something.

You would connect your Set.Difference node into the Count in this case. and the + node would connect into the targetName.

1 Like

HI,

thanks for this. It seems that this does a trick until the @erfajo parameter.rename node, because it only changes name to the first parameter on the list (Parameter 0).

It seems like that node is able only to receive one input at time, or am I wrong?

Rename family parameter_V2.dyn (19.5 KB)

It looks like the list lengths are different when you use the range node. Subtract one (-1) from the “count” number coming out of the Set.Difference node to make sure you have equal lengths going in.

Unfortunatelly it still doesn’t work…

Parameter_rename%20error Rename family parameter_V3.dyn (20.3 KB)

Look at that error message and it would seem that the renaming function did work before and now that parameter already exists. I would go into your testing file and “undo” the DynamoScipts and then check to see if that resolves it, but it would seem that the graph is working. Would you show an image of your Parameters List for clarity?

Does your parameter.rename support multiple parameter renaming as described in my problem?

It seems that I am having similar problems as with Element.Delete before you fixed it…

Best regards, Branimir