Material for model behavior .... batch set all families to steel

greetings ,
i have a lot of families( structural framing , structural column , generic models ) in which the familiy parameter called " Material for model behaviour " is set to “concrete” … i need to change this parameter for all families to “steel” .

Hi @m.mahmoud.2005

Do you have a view that all the families that needed to be change are visible? (e.g. 3D view)

-biboy

thanks for your time , but it didn’t make any changes
when i open the family the value of the parameter ( Material for Model behavior ) is set to “other”
and i can’t change it to “Steel”

thanks for your time , but it didn’t make any changes
when i open the family the value of the parameter ( Material for Model behavior ) is set to “other”
and i can’t change it to “Steel”

Did you tried anything from you end? where you stuck?

I need a dynamo script to change
“Material for model behavior” parameter for all families in my project to be “steel”

2 Likes

Hi Vijay ,
Is there any problem with my question … isn’t it clear enough to get help ??
I have tried a lot but i’m a beginner dynamo user and can’t move on without help … I’m stuck in modifying manually all families parameter “Material for model behavior” to “steel” as descriped before … So all i need is help doing this task with dynamo
Regards,

Hi Mahmoud,

A good way to rely on the forum for support, is to share what you have done to improve your chance of getting the right answer. I’d suggest reading Dynamo Primer to get familiar with the nodes first https://primer.dynamobim.org/

In order to assign an instance parameter, step one is to collect the required elements and use the Element.SetParameterByName node to assign value.

Good luck!
Kevin

Hi Mahmoud,

please have you found a solution to this?
I am dealing with the same problem, but cant figure it out…
Thanks!