List.Contains gives all Fail

I am trying to select the elements (Structural Beam) that has the same location as an other element (Structural Column). For some reason I don’t understand, the List.Contains returns an boolean False, however in both lists are the exact same point.
When I use String from Object for the elements list and use a typed String for the item to compare, the List.Contains returns a True. When i use String from Object for both lists it also returns a False.
What goes wrong? Who can help me out?

1 Like

@Ferdinand ,

did you try lacing the longest?

KR
Andreas

1 Like

Hello, here is a possibility (with cross product)

Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

Thanks for this solution. Lacing is automatically set tot auto, so I suspected it would work the best way possible. I have looked at the way Lacing works and tried several options.

1 Like

I thought it worked. Accept when I recreate the exact same scripting, with Lacing Longest, I still get the same result: False for all.

Thanks for your solution. I have tried to rebuild this with the Lacing > Cross Product. I recieve unfortunatly the same result: All False.

1 Like

test by interposing a string object on these 2 lists with list contain with cross product
(comparison of numeric values, the display looks identical but trails 0.00000000001)

Cordially
christian.stan

I thought I had allready got this one banned out. Put for some reason with the working of Levels it proberbly got somewhere wrong. Thanks! But, for some other reason it seams it works for one selection (End Points), but not the other one (Start Points).

I get two True (correct) for the EndPoint comparison. There should also be two True for the StartPoint comparison. Only this remains all False.

Here is what I understood about lacing, I did not say what is written here is to be engraved in stone
edit: désolé je suis grippé (ça aide pas dans la clarté)

hoping to help

cordially
christian.stan