Line loads creation via python

Hi guys!

I’m trying to get a script, which will create a line load in Revit. I’ve searched a lot in the API documentation, but I dont get C# examples and I got stuck with the AnalyticalLinkType.
Could somebody help me out with this or at least tell me if I’m going the right way? Here is what I’ve made:

loads

Hi Pawel,

have a look at the following example:

Thanks a lot for your respond Dimitar! I’ll give it a try as soon as possible!

Well, the script works just fine for beams.

But when I change the input for walls, or curves/lines, it always prompts for an analytical model stick

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<string>”, line 33, in <module>
TypeError: expected AnalyticalModelStick, got AnalyticalModelSurface

I cant find in the API a creation method, as it creates a lineload directly in Revit by selecting two points

Ok, I think I got it. Thanks again for help.

Yes, as you’ve figured out, you can just use the host-less method. But keep in mind that that line load element will not follow your beams and walls. I suggest something along the lines of this:

Yep, works just perfect! Thanks a lot!

Hi, Im completely new to dynamo and python. What may I be doing wrong here. Thanks in advanced!!!

You’re trying to create a sketchplane before you open a transaction. Move it down after the EnsureInTransaction method! :slight_smile:

Hi! Thanks for the reply! Is this what you mean?

im getting a new error now. any ideas? :slight_smile: :smile:

Yeah, you would have to indent the loads.append as well. and mind lowercase and uppercase letters. loads != Loads.
I haven’t checked how th inputs should be structured for that particular method, but have a go yourself! :slight_smile:

I understand this post is quite old. But using your script, is it possible to import multiple load values for the axial instead of just one value for all line start and end points? I can get the script to work with a single axial value, but would like to assign a different load value for each set of start and end points.